Texas Caviar

This is the yummiest dip!! My sister and I decided we could just eat it with a spoon. I love it so much that I thought I would share. You can adjust the amount of the vegies to your liking, I also like to add cilantro because I love the stuff.

I spent the day cleaning and putting away the Christmas decor. A week later then I like but we have had strep go through almost everyone in our little home and that kept me occupied.

Isn't it amazing how much bigger a room looks after you take down the tree, it isn't up that long yet during the time it is up I get so used to it that I don't think about the space that is missing. Not to me mention all of the do-dads and what-nots that make up the Christmas decor.

Next week will be the first full week back at work and school for us all. Aw-well vacation is never long enough is it? Enjoy the recipe.

Texas Caviar

2- Cans Black eyed peas-drained and rinsed
1- Can green chilies-drained
1-chopped green onion
½- red, green, and yellow pepper, chopped
1- Tomato seeded and chopped
1- Can white shoe peg corn- drained
1- tsp finally chopped garlic
1- Small jalapeƱo pepper chopped (optional)
1- 8 oz bottle of Italian dressing
A grind or two of black pepper


Throw together in a pretty bowl (or a plain maroon one) and serve with chips… Or just a spoon (yes it is that good)

And it is even better the next day!!

Comments

Unknown said…
I can vouch for this! It's one of my family's favorite dips of all time. YUM. You're right, it does get better the next day when all the flavors mix together. Ooh, now I've got a craving. LOL
LA said…
This stuff is so yummy! I have a friend who makes it. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Felicia said…
That looks tasty :) And my favorite salsa is loaded with cilantro.
Trish the Dish said…
Yeah...I needed a recipe to bring tonight for 'ladies night in' and I went straight to your blog to search for Texas Caviar. Num--thanks!!! :-D