My First Quilt

I am usually late in the game and have seen several 'first' quilts' in blogland, so I thought I would share with you my first quilt- I haven't shared it here before have I- anyway it is a string quilt that I made for Lilliana. She was in the 4th grade at the time, she is a senior this year, that tells you how long ago it was. Her and I did the piecing on a foundation, I remember my eyes going a bit buggy from the brightness of it!! The 'strings' were just strips ranging from 1.5 to 2.5 inches wide. The pillow top has stars that were cut from the blocks and appliqued on.



Posted by Picasa

Comments

Oooo, I like that one! Very Lilli-esque.
Vintage Girl said…
LOVE it! You did such a great job and the colours are beautiful! Hope you've been having a great summer. Heather
Dee Light said…
What a wondeful quilt! I love the bright colors:)
Deenna said…
WOWSA!!! Where can I "Add to My Cart"? LOL Great job!
Anonymous said…
It is so bright and fun!