Inspired hand work


I was so inspired by this ultra talented lady. I have followed her blog for a few years and she is always amazing me with her creativity. My fabulous niece called it a "fabric doodle" and that is exactly what it feels like!! Pick up a needle and doodle away! It is also a great way to get in the embroidery groove before you start a project, just like anything hand stitching takes practice and momentum and a few stitchs on a 'doodle' is enough to get you warmed up for something else!

I am not crazy about how well the pics came out but you get the idea.


The great thing about this type of work is it is totally random, spontaneous and (the best part) I can incorporate all the bits and pieces that I have-and can't throw away- such as the garter thingy in the first picture!



Not to mention it is so relaxing to sit on the couch at the end of the day and bury myself in floss, buttons and do-dads! I still want to fill in a bit at the bottom and then figure out how to finish it off!

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Vintage Girl said…
What a great idea and so creative! Looking good! I've been wanting to practice my embroidery stitches and what a better way..... Heather
Judy said…
thats so cute...I will have to try it.. I have boxes and drawers of that stuff...
Dee Light said…
LOVE it!! I'll have to try this too, I can use the bits of trim and such, that seem to pile up and go unused, and I can always brush up on my handwork skills!
Hey lady--

Love it!!! Are you still plugging away at it or did you find a space to hang it? Love the creations...fav...