To Do::::::::

I have a To Do list. Today, I decided to start photographing the things I want to finish and posting them. I am sure, I am the only one who doesn't finish projects! I thought perhaphs that would help me to get in gear and get them done. Hopefully, I will be able to Coinside the to do's with the done's!

Lately I was inspired or should I say re-inspired by a commentar, Mary Lou, she is a fun and whimiscal designer. This quilt is full of her fabric designs, some of my favorite fabrics reside between the seems. This quilt is about the 4th one I ever made. I made it in 2003-2004ish. I finished it. I love it. There is a block for each of my children with their birthdate. I sent it to the quilter and she did it justice.
Then tragedy struck.

No sooner had I got it home, did I spill coffee on it. Quilting and coffee do go together but not literly. I cried. I ruined it, I felt. I had to soak it and soak it and subsequently some of the applique began to come up at the seams. I couldn't look at it anymore so I packed it away. 6 years ago.


Until today. I still love it and it just needs a little fixing, some minor surgery and it will be just fine. It is a little wrinkly, 6 or so years in storage does that, and the wings need tacking. But the binding is ready to go. I will try to post some better pictures on flicker and when she is done you all will be the first to know.
What do you have packed away waiting to be finished?

Comments

beth said…
oooh! I love your quilt! And MaryLou inspires me too! I'm sure YOU'RE the only one who will notice that coffee spill. :)
You've got to finish it - it's too cute to be packed away. What a sweet quilt and coffee stains just add character to the piece.
Mama Pea Quilts said…
Ooooh, that quilt is a work of art! Please do make the minor repairs and finish it. Don't store it away . . . 'cause it should be out where it can be seen and enjoyed.

P.S. Thanks for commenting on my blog. :o)
OOooo, I love this quilt!!!!!
Felicia said…
Oh, I'm so glad you got that beauty out to restore. It's truly adorable.

I purged my place last year of oodles of WIPs. See this post: http://fluffyflowers.typepad.com/fluffy_flowers/2009/01/where-abandoned-projects-go-to-die.html

But if I ever get around to cleaning up my studio I may just unearth one or two (or three or four!) to work on finishing up :)