Monday, September 16, 2013

Before and After DIY

 
It started something like this:
Lilli: Mom I need a dresser
Mom: well I suppose you could have yours
Lilli: Don't you need it
Mom: I can make do, it is yours
 
Silly mom, I used the dresser for years to hold various miscellany in my sewing room.
 It was perfect for batting, cutting implements, tools, WIPs, etcetera.
But.... ahem, it was hers after all.
 
So I emptied its contents into a very large cardboard box and pilled batting and unfinished quilt tops on top and there it sat.
 I had been combing thrift and garage sales but with no luck until.....
 
one afternoon I came upon this sad cupboard at the thrift store. I paid $7.50 for it.
 

I went to the mismatched paint section and found a light violet paint.
Nothing like other peoples opsies to make me happy.
 A day of sanding and painting in 90 degree weather and whoola, the perfect fit.
 

I actually like it better than the dresser, the most expensive part was the pulls.
They cost more than the cupboard itself but the whole thing was just under $20.
Pretty good for a new to me piece of furniture.
 
 
Now everything is back in its rightful place and I don't have to
dig through a cardboard-box-pile to find something!
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails