Monday, January 07, 2013

Making

Inspired here, and as a result was directed here,
I thought I would make a quick throw pillow. I do not have any pretty ones and love how they change up a room.
I decided to wing it and make a few scrappy blocks, throw on some sashing and admire my creation.
 
 
Enter silly girl.
 Instead I created some blocks, measured out the sashing, realized I was doing math, retrieved more coffee, loosely measured and cut the sashing, sewed a little, answered the phone, threw in a load of laundry, rearranged the blocks, re-cut the sashing,
realized I can’t do math,
cut more sashing to make up for the fact
that I can’t do math, drank more coffee,
and before I knew it, it was 3:30 in the afternoon and I was still futzing with the pillow.
At this point, I became determined to finish.
That is, after a good laugh at myself.
So right before dinner, I finished it up!
You know some days I get a thousand things accomplished and others…..not so much.

3 comments:

sewtakeahike said...

it's really, really wonderful Natasha! Great job for getting it done despite the road blocks you encountered!

LeeAnn said...

I think it turned out very nice! Any day where laundry is done is a productive day in my book!

Tricia said...

Oh, this cracks me up!! Yes...I am most certainly the same way. The final product, however, is beautiful!!! Love the pillow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails