Monday, December 10, 2012

The Printed Bolt

Last spring at a quilting retreat I met two lovely ladies behind The Printed Bolt blog.
The focus is on fabric design.
 Each month they post a challenge for designers and then the designers have to create a print that supports the months theme.
 
 
It is really fun to watch and they have a great line-up of guest judges who have the final say on who wins for that month.
 Some of the judges this round are Amy Butler, Kathy Mack, and Rashida Coleman-Hale.
 Then like most competitions, a designer is eliminated until there is a winner.
 
It is a lot of fun to watch and see all the designs, plus they often do a giveaway. 
Which, is the point of this whole post!
Last summer I won (this was actually the first thing I have ever won) a $50 gift certificate to the Fat Quarter Shop. I was so excited to win and to win $50!!

The picture above are the spoils of that win. Many of which are now in my low volume quilt, my current WIP. I also have been collecting Dr. Seuss fabric and I grabbed a few solids. The orange dot will go in a polka-dot quilt as soon as I find the perfect pattern for it.

I am still loving this win! Have you won anything lately?


 

2 comments:

polkadotpeticoat said...

I can't wait to see what you create with your winnings.....take care , Heidi

Ellen said...

Natasha!

I have been so bad at keeping up in blog land, but happy to see that you got some good fabric!

Hope all is well!

xxx
Ellen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails