Thursday, July 15, 2010

In the Garden


This year my flowers are putting on quite a showing of their
finest finery. So sassy in her silver pot.

 
I love the simplicity of these onion blooms, I wonder if they know how modern their lines are?
Yellow peppers just asking to be plucked.

And this is my squash- I love squash- I want an abundance of squash of various varieties- which I have. However everyyear they are under attack by the squash vine borer.
 A very destructive, unwanted and uninvited garden
pest. It kills my plants every year and I get maybe one or two zucchinis.
Naughty.


Not this year, last night I performed major surgery on my poor plants and
removed many of the ugly little worms. Hopefully with luck the plants will recover
and prosper. Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

AJ said...

The garden looks lovely! I can't wait to move from the intense heat of Arizona, so I can garden again.

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

I absolutely love the silver pot! My garden, even though neglected since we are moving in August (I am taking all my plants with me), is thriving this year.

Kathryn said...

I love your garden!! You're right, I don't think the onion blossoms know quite how modern and wonderful they are! I hope your squash rally soon! :)

Thanks for checking out my blog, I'm so glad that I found yours! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails