When it rains it pours....................out of our pipes

No my carpet isn't so clean that it is shining, that would be water that decided to escape from its pipe and sog itself into the entire lower level of our house. The laundry rooms, two bedrooms, a bathroom, and the family room all reside on this level of the house. And of course the back wall of the family room is my sew/crafting area.So I keep my patterns in these two basket bags, all of my patterns and they are wet, soaked, most all are ruined except for the ones from the quilt shop that are in there little stay dry bags. Yeah!! in case you can't hear it "the yeah" I exclaimed is drapped in a touch of sarcasim.

I was so anticipitory for today-it was a half day of work, I was going to come home and snuggle up to my machine and work on a few projects including my pincushion for a swap I am doing. That might have to be done by hand as we have to completly empty the rooms.

As luck would have it it is raining outside so I can't even hang out a wet pile of blankets and other sogged items that the boys consistantly leave-and I ignore- on the floor of the family room.

Things could always be worse and I am grateful that it isn't, so with that I am done whining and am going back to ripping up carpet, sucking up water and salvaging what I can.


Do you think we can return the water to the city for a refund? We may have gotten more then we wanted.

Comments

homespun living said…
I always try to think the same ~ 'it could be worse'. Hope the cleanup is quick.
Debbie
Katie Jean said…
aww no! Isn't it disappointing when you have your heart set on sewing (or something else) and unplanned things happen?? I had a night like that last night too! I hope everything gets cleaned up nicely and it won't be too hard!
Anonymous said…
Well that just sucks rocks! What a horrid mess to have to deal with. Nothing for it but to dig in get it cleaned up. I feel for you!
Jess said…
Natasha, I am so sorry! What a bummer about all your patterns. I hope the mess is easier to clean than it looks.
Anina said…
Oh, no! I hope you get the mess cleaned up soon. I'm thinking of you...
kayla said…
Ooh yuck! I feel so sorry for you. Doesn't it seem like these things happen when you have your free time all planned out? But then again, at least the time is there to take care of the problem. Still no fun, though.
Thanks for the comment over at my blog!
Oh poor poor you :-(
andsewtosleep said…
Oh Gosh Natasha I'm so sorry for you. I hope you can save some things and that you soon get sorted. Mary
Judy said…
Get rid of that place and move out west..(music softly playing in the back ground) where, there is land for the taking, gold in the rocks.. gramma's missing everyone...you could come to supper every other nite..hmmm what else..
Sarah and Jack said…
Oh my gosh. I hope the mess is cleaned up by now.
Unknown said…
That is such a pain! But, you are very, very right, it could have been worse. At least you are seeing the bright side. But sometimes we could do without those annoying, time-consuming efforts of clean up and repair. Hopefully something good will come out of it - fun new carpet? Maybe you'll like your space even better after? My best to you.

allie from minneapolis
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com
Anonymous said…
What a mess, my dear. Yuck! I'm sorry for your losses. Can you save the carpet?
linda t said…
I am soo, soo sorry! What a major bummer!
Just know know that loving, heartfelt thoughts are coming your way as you "dive' in and clean up.