Two in a row!!!

Wow two craft days I mean snow days in a row!!! I feel so lucky!! One of the perks of working at the same school as my kids, well that and the secret hugs in the hall...shhhhh..The above "pile" is a gift from my wonderful fabric-y sister who happens to manage a quilt shop. I am not sure what to do with it yet, but I have it displayed in my sewing space below as the Flavor of the Week.
Here is a picture of the afore mentioned organization efforts. My son wanted his own room last summer and I had my own sewing/office room, well who could deny his big puppy eyes, so I moved out and into a much smaller space. This meant, of course, shoving my fabric into three drawers. Five months later I organized them and now -I know what I have. Ureka!!
What I learned is that I have too much tan and red, very little purple and yellow, I must remedy this situation so that no color on the great color wheel feels left out.
In my last post I explained how fabric scraps are like a scrapbook of memories. The pic below is the first quilt I made. Okay it is a bit on the bright side, but my daughter was 10 at the time. This is a great way to use up bits and pieces of fabric too, if anyone would like details on the how too let me know.

Comments

hi natasha thanks for visiting my blog I will be back for a visit
carol
Unknown said…
That quilt is gorgeous! I love all the bright colors you chose--they look great together!
Jodi Ohl said…
I love the quilt, you did a great job. I'm like you, I have too many dark color fabrics. I need to widen my horizons to the bright side of fabrics. :)

I just found your blog, love your pics and projects!

lucy